Friday, December 01, 2006

Samples of my work II

I would like to share some of my latest work where I again used double crochet stitches. These pieces include two scarves and my first attempt to a winter hat. For the scarves, I sketched out the pattern and color choices and added the fringes to resemble a real scarf. Both of them took me about a week to complete. The hat was my first time experimenting with rounds and surprisingly it turned out alright. I had to undo a lot of my work in the beginning and redo the stitches to get the circle to form smoothly. Some of the chain stitches at the top of the hat turned out too tight which does not make it a perfect fit and feel a bit too snug. I used a pattern from a kit I bought from Wal-mart. It took me about 3 days to finish this piece.


Black and Grey Scarf (Measure 52 inches)


Pink and Green Scarf (Measure 52 inches)


Pink Hat (Measure 6.5 inches)

PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN BY KRISHNA PATEL

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice scarf you knitted there. Are those one set for you and the other one for your boy friend? heh. Though the design is simple but I think they are lovely, and im sure they are lovely to wear as well. But I think you probably would want to try some different designs for the pictures on scarf if you going to make another one, try mix with different colors, or knit a name on it.... what do you think about that?

1:38 AM

 
Blogger Krishna said...

Hi Danny,

Yes I would love to try some new designs, I just don't know how to yet :) I hope this holiday I will have some time to learn some new patterns and add them to my collection. I wanted to experiment with different colors for the same pattern style, that is why they all look very similar. It was based on the foundational skills that I managed to get really good at. Thank your for sharing your thoughts and compliments :)

11:54 AM

 
Blogger Krishna said...

Hi kholmes,

I know what you mean when you say you have seen people on the bus knitting and crocheting. About 3-5 years ago I remember seeing the older ladies doing it, but now there are younger girls and women who are also taking part in this activity. Every time I see someone crocheting, it makes me smile to know that people are actually taking the time on the bus to crochet. I will definitely continue my hobby and would like to learn how to knit as well. I remember when I began to crochet; the other side of my work would most always be a disaster because I was so focused on trying to get that one side to look nice. There definitely are no shortcuts when you are a beginner.

11:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^ I was into crocheting couple years ago. I had a lot of fun doing it but I heard it by using a book but I dont' remember anymore^^. It was a lot fo fun and I ended up making a mitten for myself (Aw~~ so warm) but I lost them unluckly. I do not do it these days but I typically enjoy crafty stuff because my ESL tutor in the past taught me english this way. ^^Y

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home