Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Interested in learning how to crochet? Check out these videos that show you how

The following videos go through the steps on how to crochet and some of the basics stitches known as slip stitch and double crochet. It teaches you how to create a foundation chain which is the starting point for any project. You can create an entire blanket or scarf using these basic stitches. In fact, I would practice crocheting with the slip stitch to help me get a good grasp of the skill, and then once I got comfortable with it I started with the double crochet. These are short videos, but do check them out or refer to a family friend if they are interested in learning how to crochet. These are similar to a CD I have called, “Crochet Made Easy” which has taught me how to crochet the basics.

LEARN TO CROCHET (Sorry, this one doesn’t have audio, it is just a visual. Although I will keep searching to see if I find one with audio)

TUTORIAL FOR SLIP STITCH (This is useful when you want to start the second row of your work, known as ‘turning your work’)

TUTORIAL FOR SINGLE CROCHET AND DOUBLE CROCHET (This video also demonstrates how to start a new row or your second row in this case, also known as ‘turning your work’)

TUTORIAL FOR SINGLE CROCHET (This video is pretty good if you want to learn just the single crochet stitch, the one above may not be as clear)


REFERENCES:
YouTube, Inc. (2006). Learn To Crochet. Retrieved on November 22, 2006 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRsGeVk073w&mode=related&search=

YouTube, Inc. (2006). Tutorial for Slip Stitch. Retrieved on November 22, 2006 from
target="blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lSmSkDby4&mode=related&search=

YouTube, Inc. (2006). Tutorial for SingleCrochet (USA) DoubleCrochet(UK). Retrieved on November 22, 2006 from target="blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoIWO7hQ0i0&mode=related&search=

YouTube, Inc. (2006). Learn to crochet with free patterns and video. Retrieved on November 22, 2006 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHNP-33G6pU&NR

3 Comments:

Blogger Georgiana said...

Ok, I'm a total noob when it comes to stuff like this, I can imagine myself pocking my own eyes out by mistake, nontheless, this is cool! I never thought the youtube phenomenon would also be used to create reference videos for other people.

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Krishna said...

Hi Zhilin,

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found these on youtube myself! I am very excited about this and look forward to learning more from other people. It is just what I have been looking for, a resource that can show me how to crochet live for free :)

12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool...have you seen this video??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Guz7egLqOY

My grandma is over for the holidays and she always crochets and this is one of the patterns she was using.

Hope this helps :)

12:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home