Monday, November 20, 2006

Crocheting

I have decided to center my blog around crocheting. It is a needlecraft artform I picked up from my sister a few years ago. I remember growing up seeing my mom crochet blankets for my popples, remote control covers and doileys to place on the dinner table as a hot plate. This form of design is usually known to be a popular past-time hobby for elderly women but a lot of younger girls and women are participating in it now. I am so amazed with crocheting that it has inspired me to want to learn how to knit as well. I have bought books, kits and cds to teach myself the basics, but there is nothing better than taking an actual course on it, which I hope to take when I get some spare time. It is unbelievable what you can create with just a string of wool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home