Saturday, November 25, 2006

Samples of my work I

Here are some of the first few crochet pieces that I worked on when learning how to crochet. These demonstrate the single crochet, double crochet and changing colors. I used 100% Acrylic wool from Red Heart and a 4.00 mm hook. It took me about 6 hours to finish the blue one (measures 5 feet); 5-6 hours for the pastel green and black one (measures 5 feet and 7 inches); 5 hours for the pastel green one (measures 6 feet and 2 inches); 8 hours for the dark green, white and black (measures 6 feet).




Blue Scarf


Pastel Green and Black Scarf


Pastel Green Scarf


Dark Green, White and Black Scarf


PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN BY KRISHNA PATEL

2 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

Hi, I think your scarves are cool! I don't crochet, but I do knit, although not very often... This is the scarf I am working on now: http://www.tata-tatao.to/knit/plainmaf/e-waffle.html. I started it last year hoping to finish it by wintertime. Well, a year later and I’m still working on it haha. I usually do a little and then do something else. I like to knit in front of the tv. It seems like you do it in one sitting. Do you do it in front of the tv too or in a quiet area?

10:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gabrielle, thanks! It took me a few days to finish the pieces because after 2-3 hours of straight crocheting, it would give my hands symptoms of carpals tunnel :P It's neat how your learning to knit, I have some needles my aunt gave me and I'm just waiting for some time to teach myself. I like the link you sent me, it looks like a helpful site to learn and actually successfully finish a project. I have found myself struggle many times by trying to learn from images in old books and even getting used to the pattern language. I like the stitches that knitting creates. Sometimes I crochet while watching tv, especially during commercial breaks and then other times I like to sit on my bed while listening to music or while talking to my friends(on the phone/in person). usually whenon my bed or kitchen table. I remember trying to crochet on the bus once, but I kept losing my hook in the yarn when I got home when I would try to use different colors and the different strings of wool would get tangled in my bag. A really useful invention would be a specialized bag just for knitters and crocheters, I haven't seen one around yet :D

11:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home